There has been a significant increase in cyber-attacks and when they occur they can cause a huge array of problems. Every business is at risk as all sensitive information, intellectual property and business strategies prove to be attractive targets for criminals. If the correct protection is not put in place to prevent these cyber- attacks and minimise the risk of data loss then it could have a significant impact on share price and revenues as well as lead to fines and damage to your reputation.
AT TECEZE, we work hard to reduce the risk of these problems through introducing systems that are designed to futureproof your business from these attacks.
Cyber Essentials is a certification that is supported by the industry and has been created by the UK Government. It has a set number of criteria that organisations can use as a guide to measure their cyber-security systems through implementing five key controls. This can then help to reduce the risk of as much as 80% of cyber-attacks.
Cyber Essentials was designed to deal with the issues faced by the government and further industries, enabling their partners and suppliers to introduce a high-standard of cyber-security..
Organisations that carry the Cyber Essentials certification will provide partners, suppliers and customers with confidence while also proving that their data is protected from the risk of cyber- attacks.
Benefits & Key Features
Using Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus bring with them a number of benefits in terms of cyber- security and a commercial perspective.
– Makes it possible to identify risks and implement the correct controls to remove or reduce them
– Sensitive date will be safeguarded
– Government suppliers have to carry the certification as well as all public service contracts
– Proves that you are compliant to a level that is endorsed by the government
– Highlights just how important security is to your business for partners, regulators and suppliers
– Enables your business to perform competitively, particularly compared to those who are not accredited
– All General Data Protection Regulation requirements are met
Why become certified?
Having Cyber Essentials certification delivers a level of assurance that proves that you are using the correct cyber security controls in the right way.
Cyber Essentials underpins Cyber Essentials Plus. This level determines whether the controls have been implemented correctly in order to protect against all threats.
– Internet Gateways and Boundary Firewalls – stopping all unauthorised access
– Secure configuration – ensuring that the system is configured in the correct manner
– Correct access control – ensuring that only authorised personnel can access systems
– Malware protection – virus and malware protection is installed
– Patch management – Ensures that all applications have the latest patches installed