At Teceze, we aim to upgrade firewall policy through firewall optimization to enhance the security and flexibility of your company. Network and security teams manually process thousands of change requests- the fundamental policy configurations such as firewall rules, router and switch ACLs can become extremely complex. This increases the risk of vulnerabilities and that increases the chance of a security breach. Rules can become invalid and out-dated, which leads to an increased security risk, a reduction in productivity and make it difficult for your business to remain compliant. As a result of this, business continuity can be severely impacted as it can prove difficult to recognise, pinpoint and eradicate any rules that cause a risk. Therefore, a clean rule base that is maintained across multi-vendor, hybrid network environments can provide a solution to issues that are linked to:
Resources Mis-aligned –
Time is wasted by senior administrators as they are making changes, when their time could be used elsewhere.
Network Downtime and Breach –
Manual errors can result in misconfigurations and mistakes, while a reduction of transparency surrounding security policies and rules can lead to a breach in security as well as application or network downtime.
Performance can be significantly reduced when policies are badly maintained. Therefore, automation should be used by the firewall, network and security teams in order to maintain secure and efficient security policies throughout varied network and hybrid cloud environments.
What is the solution?
Teceze Orchestration Suite for Firewall Optimization and Clean-up will form a section of the platform. This can be utilised to deliver business with the opportunity to clean and maintain an optimal rule base that provides an increase in efficiency while enhancing security automatically.
Teceze’s Orchestration Suite’s Automated Firewall clean-up is used by businesses to:
– Scrutinise rule and object usage throughout multiple vendors, routers, devices and cloud workloads; – Determine all unused rules, ACLs, network objects and group members before removing them;
– Classify rules and objects such as shadowed rules, unattached objects, duplicate objects and services, empty groups and redundant and disabled rules before removing them; – Find rules that are excessively tolerant;
– Bring compliance in-line with internal and external industry regulations that require rule documentation, naming conventions, rules base structure, rule recertification policies and more; – Automate rule decommission automation; – Automate server decommission automation; – Automate the rule certification process;
– Through the automation of repetitive administration tasks, the efficiency of security and network teams will be increased through constricting access policies throughout the hybrid network, cybersecurity risks will be reduced;
– The preparation efforts for audits will be reduced through enforcing compliance with both internal and industry regulations;
– Network firewalls and routers will have an enhanced performance as a result of the removal of redundancies which reduces conflicts.
Our expert team is here to help with any questions you have regarding our products or services. Fill out the form below or contact us on +44 0208 050 5014